Jul 16, 2014

Restaurants I really love

I cannot say enough good things about Big Sky in Webster Groves. The service is absolutely stellar. The menu and wine list is excellent. I love their kale chips. I recently had the wine flight and loved it. They have an amazing happy hour on Wednesdays and beautiful outdoor seating. The restaurant indoor decor is also top notch. It is definitely my favorite overall place right now.

Big Sky Cafe

Another great place is Katie's Pizza that recently moved from Clayton Road to Rock Hill. There is another version of Katie's left on Clayton. In a recent visit, I had an amazing appetizer, the short rib and a great pizza as well. The new space is much large and has nice outdoor seating.

Katie's Pizza

Three Flags Tavern occupies the space once held by Harry's Bar and Grill at the intersection of Southwest and Kingshighway. It is a vastly different place with an upscale cocktail list including a gin drink called the Joan Collins and a rum drink named Don Carlos. The appetizer menu is amazing. I had the mini Monte Cristo with root chips and it was excellent. My wife enjoyed the shrimp and scallops with grits.

Three Flags Tavern

I usually love Tapas and Sanctuaria, at 4198 Manchester in the Grove, does them well. For a first visit, we sampled the cabrales cigars and plantains with mozzarella. Both were extremely well done. The decor is awesome as is the drink menu. I had a mocktail called Irum's Syrum and my wife had the Vieux Carre, a 9 week aged cocktail with rye whiskey as its base. I didn't go completely alcohol free as I ordered the Espolon Reposado tequila for a chaser. Wow, was it smooth!

Sanctuaria


No comments: